Personalized Straw Flags
Details make a big difference in any event! Personalized straw toppers are perfect for birthdays, bachelorette parties and baby showers. Not only are they great for labelling drinks at parties but your guests will love a personalized surprise! They’re easy to make from scratch and even quicker if you download our free our template below.
What you’ll need
Paper (colored or plain)
Scalpel or scissors
Calligraphy pen or marker
- Using a ruler and pencil, measure out 2.5” x 0.5” (63mm x 12.5mm) strips.
- Add another 2.5” (63mm) to the width of the set of rectangles you just drew. This is for the flip side.
- Write the name or message on to both sides of the folded strip.
Tip: Try to write in the middle of the rectangle to allow for folding.
- Using a scalpel or scissors, cut along the marked line.
- Fold the strip in half.
- Wrap the paper around the straw in the position you want to it attach.
- Using double-sided tape, tape the paper edges of the strip together.
Tip: Leave about 0.4” (10mm) from the fold on either side to allow the straw to fit through.
- Cut a small left-pointed triangle on the right edge of the strip (not the folded edge).
- Repeat for each straw.
Download our free printable straw flag template and skip the first two steps!